At Puyravaud, we endeavour to make the customer experience better each year, particularly as we have many returning guests who have seen Puyravaud develop over the last 5 years.
For 2017, we are concentrating most of our efforts on additional fish stocks for both lakes. We are conscious that a lot of our visitors come as families and groups and may not want to fish 24 x 7 to catch just one or two sizeable carp. We continue to strive to find the right balance so that the fishing is challenging but normally people will go home having caught a good number of Puyravaud carp.
Therefore, we have added a further 43 fish between 22-29lbs (plus a couple of much larger fish) in Heron Lake, making a total of just under 150 carp between 20-55lbs. This should ensure that catch rates return to the very strong levels we saw before the dam wall problems we had in 2015. The fishing in 2017 will be further helped as all the grass that was still evident in 2016 has died off. Average weights for 2017 should start at just over 30lbs.
For Kingfisher Lake, we are keen to continue developing the lake with larger average weights, whilst ensuring everyone has a great chance of catching some beautiful fish. We are adding a further 6 fish between 33-56lbs, making a total of just over 60 fish in less than 3 acres with an average weight of over 42lbs. It is not very often that you can acquire quality fish like this from a source you know and trust, so we are very pleased to add these beautiful specimens to one of our lakes.
That’s 50 new fish for the 2017 season and we hope all our customers enjoy the experience just that little bit more as a result.
Other improvements for 2017 will include
- Significant work around both lakes to improve access to more stalking areas.
- New sun loungers for the pool area.
- More new fishing equipment for hire. We can now hire up to 6 sets of gear at any one time, helping those that want our fly in and hire option.
- New Waverunner Mk4 bait boat. This definitely increases your chances of catching, particularly on Heron Lake.
- Continued development of hook baits specifically for Puyravaud. We made good strides in this area in 2016 and want to go further to improve results in 2017.