Each year we try and improve our French Carp Fishing holidays at Puyravaud – so what’s new for 2016…
1) During 2015 the TV cameras visited Puyravaud to try and capture our unique offering for groups and families. Our episode will be shown on Sky early in 2016 and as soon as we have a confirmed date, we will let you know. There were some lovely fish caught over the three days of filming including a couple of lovely 50’s and some great 40’s a well. In the meantime, go to Youtube and search on Puyravaud TV for a number of videos that give a flavour of what we have to offer.
2) Upgraded TV’s in both barn and cottage – this year we have better and larger TV’s in both properties to enhance TV viewing. Not that we are encouraging you to stay indoors when there is so much to do outside, but for those ‘sit on the sofa’ days, you can now enjoy viewing just that little bit more.
3) Rebuilt swims – we have virtually rebuilt every swim on both lakes and re-surfaced with 10 tons of shingle. This gives each angler the perfect platform from which to catch and land those monsters.
4) Cleared bank areas – over the winter, we have cleared a lot of tree foliage from the bank side to enable better access to more of the lake. This makes it easier to land fish and stalk where previously impossible.
5) No small carp in Heron Lake – over a number of years we have tried to reduce the number of small carp in Heron Lake. We have finally succeeded after repairing the dam wall and removing all unwanted carp from the lake. We start 2016 with an average weight of 32lbs and expect these fish to grow on quickly over the next couple of years.
6) Hire of gear – we have always hired fishing gear for those who fly in or just don’t have room to bring all their own. This year we will add further equipment, to expand the hiring of gear at Puyravaud. This has proved very popular and again we are responding to customer requests to make more equipment available.
7) Cleared the Old Forge area – for the first time in many many years it is possible to see the old forge, dating back to 1819, in all its glory. We have spent a lot of time clearing this historic building and hope to create a unique BBQ and seating area close by with lovely views of Kingfisher Lake to boot.
8) New Pagoda for pool area – we have added a much better pagoda by the pool in order to offer an area by the pool protected from direct sunlight. This has proved useful for those wanting to get out of the sun for a while and also for those with young families wanting protecting from the sun.
We continue to listen to customer feedback and hope to make further improvements during the year.