The two lakes at Puyravaud date back to at least 1768. They are two of only four lakes in the Charente that are shown on the Cassini map that records the area from 1766-1768. Both lakes are off-line lakes fed from the adjoining stream. The estate is completely private and, as such, no permits are needed and night fishing is allowed.
The larger lake is around 6.5 acres and was extensively refurbished three years ago. Having drained the lake in 2007, we set about de-silting, refurbishing damn walls and strengthening banks that had eroded over many years.